Pages

Yesterday I was someone. But I always thought that I am Suetha the Indian Classical Dancer. Then today I am Suhana. Day before I was Suet Mun. Welcome to my alter ego page..

Yours truly,
Suhana Suetha

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Things To Do During Chinese New Year

1- Pretend invisible ang ignore glances from bypassing relatives
2- Pretend dumb  so that people find it a hassle to chat you up
3- Pretend busy so people are afraid they may disturb u from making a major decision
4- Pretend you are suffering from high cholesterol and blood pressure and have symptoms of diabetes so you can be excused from eating butter cookies


 And some reasons why I hate Chinese New Year;


1- it's just the moment of the year when people vow to have a better year. The moment they are wayy to excited celebrating the new year with liquor and some mahjongs, the have already forgotten their vow.
2- it's also the time of the year when people turn hypocrites. all flaws are hidden. everyone try to portray the best of what they can offer, from household interior to their first day clothing U_U
3- people have a sudden mood to be competitive. housewife walk around the neighbourhood comparing new year adornment, aunties go around passing cookies for all to try trying to make sure they have wide acclaimation that their cookies is the best!
4- people turn into activities deemed addictive ; buy Toto, gamble like there's no tomorrow, drink , drink and more drink, buy more lottery.
5- people do not practise the need to be thrifty. after all its the time to splurge and show off the wealthy side of the family. wallet may be thinning, bank account may be depleting but no one cares. there is an instant and simultaneous need to show off.
6- it's also time where sugar consumption are high, cholesterols too accumulating, carbs too are getting a place in the abs. ya, this is the time to be unhealthy. 
7- host turn into darn hostile people, practically forcing guest to try out the food and junks spread they purposely get ready when they see u coming and hoping to hear a word of compliment on the junks.
8- the concept of giving money make ppl frustrated and the concept of receiving money excite some in. my case, i hate both. 



I find it lame.
In fact as years passess, it has become so mundane and lame that this year, we had Maggi mee for reunion dinner. Me and Ma. Very illogical to slaughter a chicken for 2 women's meal. And I adjourned to The Paradise, in Sheraton KL for that once in a blue moon clubbing. Yeah, I am not as cool as perceived. I have a lump of boring, nerdy, workaholic and staunchly religious group of friends.
If I did not see wrongly, I seem to be the only Chinese in the club =D Surrounded by skinny Malay mois clad in the tightest cheongsam. Pretty tacky as it may sound as the deejay kept yelling Gong Xi Fa Cai amidst the R&B line ups.

Oohh... did I tell you I love my new MNG tiered toga, X'mas pressie from boss ;)
Ahem... in XS-S size and I can fit!! I think it's the African sizing they are labelling there =P

Earrings from Vincci Accessories, MNG tiered dress 

 In auspicious red tiered jersey material
 T-Bar heels from Fashion Barrage
(sorry for the last drunk look. minum memburukkan mekap)

damn short, but I loike!!

I so prefer gulping down Vodka and raising hand at no reason everytime the DJ asked to do so than going house to house to eat pineapple tarts ;(
I hate waking up to the day when the neighbours' lobby are overflowing with many  pairs of visitors' shoes that remind me of the festivity...
I think in general, I hate happy events O.o  like X'mas, Chinese New Year, Labour Day, or any other days when people are happy...because I ain't happy. When was I ever happy?

last last minute baru nak beli limau!!

On the first day of the Chinese, I wore a thrifted maxi from OldScoolBoutique, paired with my quilted working bag and slipper from Bangkok. Nothing smells new!
Ma was disgusted with me as she spotted me coming out of the shower with my hair all wet on this aupicious first day. Now she would hate me for ruining her slight chances of striking Toto for the year as I have just washed away not only the vodka and ciggie smell, but also all the possible 'ong-ness' that I may have on my head O.o
Kegiatan di tahun baru of my relatives..

Little cousin getting married. Read : Little

 flat chested whatever!!!.. can you spot the criss cross waist structure? The criss cross works wonder in forcing a slimmer sillhoutte though I think the lack of a well endowed bust really did screwed me up. I think I may have flashed my nip sticker... ;(
Dress from Le Ann Maxima

New Year Resolution : to wear more short dresses for the year and ditch the 'dickhead' style ;)

How was your new year?


No comments:

Post a Comment

From Everywhere eh?

free counters

Only SO Many of U