Pages

Yesterday I was someone. But I always thought that I am Suetha the Indian Classical Dancer. Then today I am Suhana. Day before I was Suet Mun. Welcome to my alter ego page..

Yours truly,
Suhana Suetha

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Review : Safi Balqis Perfect 10 Beauty Cream

Yes, you read correctly - Safi Balqis ;)

I am not sure how many Chinese actualy uses these halal (it should be) produce that caters mostly for the Malays. I have never used any for the past 32 years of my life till of recent. I saw an ex-colleague who dabs a rather thick beige colored cream onto her face before the application of make up. Just a few slap of it and later evened out onto the entire face. She claimed to have used it since her secondary school years and she is now a mother of two and looked like 18. She is not that old anyway, at 24 or 25 I think. But her skin is flawless.

that pot of cream

before I had the magic cream on hand - uneven complexion tone as I have a combination skin type with oiliness reigning it.

I smelled the pot of cream and it smells exactly like this particular cream that the beautician where I get my facial done recommended me. It was the Wangi SP Cream or something. Of the same texture and smell!
But that cost RM35 for a small pot of it, equivalent to a pot of eyeshadow. The one that the ex-colleague used was a mere RM6!! Still got such cheap facial care and works meh!?

I decided to get myself a pot too at RM6! She said I can get it in any Giant, Tesco or anywhere practically. And I did, in Watson. If they do not have a tester for most of the make up and facial care, god knows which is the correct pot! It has most probably the commonest name of all - 'Krim Kecantikan' = beauty cream =_=

I got the Safi Balqis - Krim Kecantikan Perfect 10 retailing at a mere RM7+ and got discount somemore! So it cost  a mere RM5++ (good for people with not alot of money!). If it smells the same and it feels the same, it should be the same thing that I have once purchased at RM35 before. Maybe the Safi one would have contain some ginger, or onion extract or whatever, but how can it smell and feels exactly the same!? I am so assuming that they come from the same manufacturer in labis or Kulai or some rural area! and at RM7, you can afford to slather more than to stinge on it!

It is not one of the best texture to rub onto your face if you are not used to it. What I did was to apply it before the toner application got totally dried. At times when I can afford moisturiser (from sample sachets!), I put on the moisturiser first and before the same - apply on the beauty cream before your moisturiser gets all dried up. That way, you can easily blend it in.

Depending on your complexion tone, you would normally looked like a dead corpse after blending in. Unfortunately the beauty cream comes in only one shade and nothing else :)
As my colleague do have a complexion that is nearest to a corpse, she can easily get away by just using the beauty cream and layered with loose powder.

half way through using (night and morning view)

I am a make up junkie and also I am a shade darker than the corpse, hence I normally slather another layer of bb cream - Missha BB cream and then only loose powder ;)

still not finishing the small bottle

The beauty cream regardless of whatever brand it is functions to prevent pimples growth, acnes and blackheads. It is also nomally used as a base before putting on foundation. When I was introduced to the Wangi SP cream, I was told to also use it before sleeping for pimple curing. During daytime application, it is also supposed to be able to provide UV protection.

I have another friend who have been using the Wangi SP cream for more than 8 years and yes.. her complexion is fairer than a corpse and of course flawless! No pimples!

It's been the 3rd month and way to a more even shade of complexion!

 My verdict : As it is freaking cheap, am definitely going to continue using it and hoping that I can achieve the almost flawless complexion like my 2 friend, minus the corpse fairness. It is not a moisturiser, hence I suggest you still continue using a moisturiser before slathering on the beauty cream to get other beauty  benefits =D
I am not sure if it does provide any whitening effect, but it sure does even out my complexion's shade. But the best thing of all, it is a great primer, concealer or whatever term you call to provide a base before putting on foundation / bb cream.
As for the pimple / acne problem, I am yet to be able to determine if it does ward off any growth since I am hormonally driven to have pimples before the menstruation period -_-
I don't think anything can help when it comes to that eh..

And who says local produce are no good?

5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing dear, I'm a Chinese.. currently testing this Safi Aloe Vera Facial Moisturizer :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh hi there,
      is it good, the moisturiser? :)
      I have yet to try those yet, tho I am keen to try the acne cream :)

      Delete
  2. Are you still using it? Is it any good?

    ReplyDelete
  3. doesnt look quite effective, i must say... dunno why but i can still clearly see the moon craters after you applied the safi and missha cream. there's an even bigger crater on your right cheek which i believe you had difficulties covering it up... wait a min, ok that was a dimple...

    ReplyDelete

From Everywhere eh?

free counters

Only SO Many of U