Pages

Yesterday I was someone. But I always thought that I am Suetha the Indian Classical Dancer. Then today I am Suhana. Day before I was Suet Mun. Welcome to my alter ego page..

Yours truly,
Suhana Suetha

Monday, May 2, 2011

Phailed Angelina Jolie Inspired Make Up

Perhaps the make up didn't fail as much, but my constant happy smirk and vain smile could have be the major FAIL factor =D
Had a brief watch of Promise Phan's Angelina Jolie make over while slathering on the BB cream. I have less tolerance in learning days ahead and prefer to watch and do nowadays.

Angie doesn't smile away happily like this! ;)

I no longer uses found-du-teint since I have discovered BB cream and Missha of Korea is my favourite =D Oh well, not that I have taken much initiative to try other brands. Yet.
Slap on BB cream evenly and set it with loose powder. As I am merely doing it for camwhore purpose, hence slap thick thick also OK since I am going to sweat and melt my own make up.

Slathered on BB cream and set it on the lips too =P
I love nude lips!

Fill in those brows of yours. I normally dig my Etude brow filler pen which work wonders and gives really natural strokes. On lazy days, black / dark brown eye shadow normally does the job faster =P
Arch those brows like how Promise does it ;)

I think I arched the wrong brow...

Cus Promise arched it on the left and mine is on the right... =_=

Anyway....
Swipe on the white shade to highlight the brows. Oh! Before I did that, I have dabbed on Body Shop Highlighting Concealer on the arches of the brow. As what Promise taught ;D 
Swipe the white shades thoroughly overall (according to me)


Then use a shade of brown to start shading. Promise uses a relatively dark shade. But I chose a lighter shade of brown compared to hers as she had slightly tanned complexion and I am definitely not tanned. Hence too dark a shade may appear too edgy and hard. Stroke on to the middle of the lid and blend, blend, blend.
I followed the nose contouring too.. which appear kinda scary on me =P She have got prominent nose and I have got Jackie Chan nose.. =0= Anyway, since I do not know how to shade a Jackie Chan nose, I followed how Promise shade lor....

Seriously a wrong approach on the nose =P

Then, as seen in the video, I am to line my center of eyelid with liquid liner. Which I did and it didn't turn out pretty. Which I later demolish by rubbing some Bio-Oil and re-draw the second time. Which also is as screwed as the first time. I don't know why! So I decided to smudge it with the brush to soften the edges. Though that was not what was told in the video ;)
Line the centre of the lids and finally line the edge of the eyes as usual and create the cat eyes' lines as usual.

The lined centre-lid to create a sort of double lid

Cheek contouring is fun! But I must admit much skills is required and will only work when paired with good skills in angling your face when camwhoring. I have yet to perfect the skills ;(

tranny in the making =P

So yeah, and the basic application applies.. line the lower edges with white eye pencil to create bigger eyes, then line with black shadow for the sunken effect and a stroke of brown acroos the whole of the lower lid (for don't know what reason) and later finish off with white glitter or sort at the corner of the eyes..

The cheek contour didn't work well, I have to suck in ;)

All in all, I still have some decent look for weekend camwhore session =D
But not in resemblance in Angelina Jolie's. Not her mom. Or her aunt -__-







Maxi dress from Lollysta







Learn the real thing here : Promise Phan

No comments:

Post a Comment

From Everywhere eh?

free counters

Only SO Many of U