Pages

Yesterday I was someone. But I always thought that I am Suetha the Indian Classical Dancer. Then today I am Suhana. Day before I was Suet Mun. Welcome to my alter ego page..

Yours truly,
Suhana Suetha

Friday, August 6, 2010

Idylic Post

Embroidered baju kurung from Bandung. Bemban hand weaved bag from the Sarawak weaver. Who can beat me in being an advocate of all things handicraft? :D

It is a new year already.. Financial new year to be precise. The accounts are closed for the fiscal year of 2009/2010. And I am looking forward to a new financial year. Mainly because I have never did very well, I think in my scope of work ;/ 

Work doesn't seem to get easier anyway, despite being in a new year for a couple of days. I fell sick on the 3rd day. But on a better note, I have orders on the 5th days. And some potential enquiries on the before that. I hope that will be a continuous good sign for me.

Suddenly I felt that the new financial year seems so importantly crucial for me. It's like so much more important than celebrating Chinese New Year. ( I should have some celebration prayers performed for Datok who jaga the office). But I am not going to bore everyone with my depression from work. 

I only wanted to inform the world that I am going to ditch my old woman image of wearing my traditional attire ;) 
OK, maybe it's not the attire's fault. Maybe I have been wearing the same thing for way too long that I need to look into getting new stuff. To fit my age =P


baju kurung set - 3 years old

U2 spag - 6 years old
black pants - 6 years old

chiffon self beaded top - 4 years old
bemban hand weaved bag - new ;P

I don't know why, but just because we sell batik, I always feel at ease to don something related to what we do. Afterall, if you are selling fried chicken, you can't be going around telling people that you like pizza. So I always have a pair of batik to change in the car during days when I am required to meet Datins, Puan Sris and Puan Puan whom I feel that they would prefer that I look like a Gadis Melayu Terakhir than any other amoi saleswoman



I don't think I will ever get to wear like this to work and not be scrutinised on my justification that this is a mere self-identity that I am portraying..


Oh well, I guess it's back to the basics again ;/


Selamat Berbuka Puasa!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

From Everywhere eh?

free counters

Only SO Many of U