Pages

Yesterday I was someone. But I always thought that I am Suetha the Indian Classical Dancer. Then today I am Suhana. Day before I was Suet Mun. Welcome to my alter ego page..

Yours truly,
Suhana Suetha

Friday, March 23, 2012

Office


These are most probably the most productive time ever I had in my working life - having to go thru details and specifications and badly formatted documents. After about 2 months without an admin assistant to help me out with petty jobs and someone to take up calls (since I was never on time to work) for me in the office, I think I must have formatted the entire office according to how I think it should be. Besides the inconsistent supply of toilet papers in the toilet, I think things are going on smooth.
Invoices, Delivery orders, Purchase Orders, Progressive Claims and even attendance are all in proper format (MY FORMAT) and every other things / event/ issues / documents comes with a Summary or Listing Sheet.
Something I deem very important in case I decided to die while sleeping and they will know where are the files being placed. More often than not I have failed to impose in my boss the need to READ what I ask him to sign. And most often than not, he only sign and NOT READ. *chinaman mode*

Some people choose to work within their scope and get their end of the month wages and be happy. I, unfortunately is not aware of my scope as the scope proposed by me to boss is way more than what the universe would want to give me.. (is this even a proper statement?)

I am a self confessed lazy workaholic. Yes, I enjoy working while being lazy at the same time. I am most probably at the peak of my life when I get to engage in conversation with very high return of investment, being it monetarily or emotionally. It is always great to gain something extra when talking to people, finishing a task that you never thought you can do or simply to be able to light a bulb over the mind when in a discussion :)

Throught out the few weeks that I am office bound doing something that I was never asked to do as it is deemed a waste of my time when measured with my salary ( so says the ex-boss), I realised that I do have some internal skills that I have yet to hone =D

I guess one would never know how far can one reach unless she reaches out her feet to feel the air first :)
Only when you see the outcome then would you have an answer to your capacity..

But that is not my worry now.

Human resource is such a tricky issue. A sensitive one too. I may not have seen one too many bosses, but I sure do have seen enough to know that some action just doesn't work and no justification is deemed suffice to prove that IT WON"T WORK.

And now I have to get rid of people deem not resourceful..
I am scared - because I am the only female in the office
I am scared - because I can sometimes blurt out very hurtful statement and people may stab me with the office scissors.
I am scared - maybe after all the heated argument the said person still refuses to leave.
But I am seriously scared - if I made the wrong judgement and not very wise decision ;(

No comments:

Post a Comment

From Everywhere eh?

free counters

Only SO Many of U